Saturday, September 15, 2012

My First Job

...as a Ph.D.: 

I'm now a Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Geography at the University of California, Berkeley. I've been here since I defended at the end of July and am still pinching myself daily over my good fortune at landing out here. 

I encourage anyone whose research focuses on political economy and natural resources from a qualitative perspective to apply for the CW Fellowship. The terms of the fellowship are blissfully open-ended -- basically, to keep working on one's research and writing -- while backed by an incredible network of colleagues throughout the Bay Area. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your postdoc! I spent 5 glorious years at Berkeley and 2 years in the CAR, so maybe we were twins in a former life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either that or perhaps we've both been ensorcelled!

      Delete